Friday, June 03, 2005

Gives new meaning to the phrase "blowing shit up".

I know this isn't political, but I can't read this without laughing hysterically. I may not know where all the good people have gone, but I DO KNOW where all the dumb people have gone.

"Man Sues for $10 Million after Toilet Explosion."

Man Sues for $10 Million After Toilet Explosion

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (June 3) - A man who says he was severely burned when a portable toilet exploded after he sat down and lit a cigarette is suing a general contractor and a coal company, accusing them of negligence.

John Jenkins, 53, and his wife, Ramona Jenkins, 35, of Brave, Pa., filed the suit Tuesday in county circuit court seeking $10 million in damages from Chisler Inc. and Eastern Associated Coal Corp.

The lawsuit claims Jenkins' face, neck, arms, torso and legs were severely burned last July after the cigarette ignited methane gas leaking from a pipe underneath the toilet unit.

"When I struck the lighter, the whole thing just detonated - the whole top blew off," said Jenkins, a methane power plant operator with North West Fuels Development Inc. "I can't tell you if it blew me out the door or if I jumped out."

Eastern Associated owns the Blacksville property where the explosion occurred. Jenkins alleges that heavy equipment from Chisler Inc. ran over the pipelines before the explosion, causing the methane gas leak.

A call to the Charleston office of Peabody Energy, the parent company of Eastern Associated Coal, was not returned.

A man who answered the phone at Chisler's office in Fairview said the company would have no comment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...I mean really, a Spot-A-Pot is the last place I would think of to light up a cig. I don't even drop a deuce in those things unless it's a dire emergency. Even then, I am in and out as quickly as humanly possible.

Alas, my blog has already stooped to the level of "toilet humor".

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you are at this level anyway, I'll pass along one I heard on DC101 (I know, you now think less of me) on the 3 hour commute home from Dulles today. On the fake headlines segment:

80% of males between the ages of 20 and 30 report that they believe aliens have visited our planet. The other 20% reported that they were man enough to admit that they didn't need anyone to force them to have their anuses probed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home