Thursday, June 09, 2005

Big Brother Is Watching....I'm mean, a blurb on the Patriot Act

I came accross this on CNN today.

"President Bush today credited the Patriot Act with helping to convict more than 200 terrorists and dismissed accusations that the law has violated civil liberties. "For the state of our national security, Congress must not rebuild a wall between law enforcement and intelligence," he said to an audience that included roughly 100 uniformed state troopers at the Ohio Patrol Training Academy."

I know we have convicted a few terrorits since 9/11, but I do not recall anything near the 200 number. I may be mistaken, but I also don't believe any of the convictions owe credit to the Patriot Act. If I AM incorrect, please let me know. Back-up to your claims is required.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home