Friday, October 14, 2005

Do you have this in a 9 1/2?

I'm running in a 4-person relay in the Baltimore Marathon on Saturday. So I run to the mall during my lunch break today to grab a new pair of running shoes.

The first two "running" stores I walked into didn't have much of a selection. They were catered more towards a younger crowd. They sold lids, jerseys, over the top basektball shoes. Nothing for running.

However, I did notice something...well, not surprising. Both of the stores had and African-American Army recruiter right up front...as soon as you walked in. I couldn't help but laugh.

So I finally make it to Athlete's Feet and got a nice pair of New Balance running shoes. On my way there, I noticed that there were no other stores with Army recruiters. Not that I expected to see any.

I made my way back to the first store and walked up to the recruiter, "Hey GNC was pretty busy too. Those folks would be perfect. You know..fit, strong, young, healthy....oh shit, but they're white. Probably not the type you were sent out to sign up today, huh?"

I didn't get a response....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home