Sunday, February 12, 2006

Don't Believe the Hype...

Contrary to what you may hear on the national news, the northeast wasn't exactly "crushed" by the most recent storm. The 20 inches was more like 10 in Baltimore and surrounding areas, and most major roads were clear as a bell by noon. Being hit over the weekend made things much easier. Although for many Baltimoreans, who unlike me, have to drive to work..rush hour will probably be a bit of a bitch tomorrow. Have fun suckers.

In the meantime, my lovely girlfriend and I took a stroll through lovely Patterson Park (coincidentally, NOT the park where Dick Cheney accidentally shot his friend) today. I am very lucky to live right next to a beautiful park in the heart of downtown Baltimore. Similar in many ways to Central Park...although on a much, much smaller scale. For those of you who may not know (I didn't until this past summer)...Patterson Park was partly designed by Frederick Law Olmsted, who was one of the designers of Central Park. 20,000 Baltimorean volunteers at Patterson Park on September 12, 1814 also rallied to hold off the British and prevent the overtaking of Fort McHenry...thus saving us all the horror of speaking in those dreadful accents.

Enjoy some of the pics from our walk today...















Pretty soon we'll be back to warm summer days and I'll be able to chill on my deck...

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are very nice! :) I liked your blog. Came here while searching for the lyrics of the Jack Johnson song :)

Write on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home